Here is your list of veg for this week:
- Dinosaur/Italian kale
- Swiss chard
- Green garlic
- Garlic scapes
- Bok choy
- Radishes OR Hakurei (salad) turnips
- Mini romaine lettuce trio
Jonny made this delicious kohlrabi soup 2 years ago for our CSA potluck and it was a hit. He didn't do a lot of measuring, so feel free to adjust/add to the recipe to make it even better.
Kohlrabi & Parsnip Soup
- 4-6 kohlrabis
- 1/2 lb parsnips
- 1 celeriac root
- 2-3 onions
- 1/2 bulb garlic or 1 bunch garlic scapes or 1 bunch green garlic (roasting your scapes or green garlic will add a warmer, richer flavour)
- 5-6 cups broth or bouillon (chicken, beef, veg or a mix)
- 1 cup cream or 2 cups milk
- Chop kohlrabi, celeriac, parsnips and onions into small chunks. Chop/mince garlic of choice.
- Saute onions in a soup pot with butter or olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Add chopped veg, garlic, more salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until veg is slightly browned.
- Add broth or bouillon and cream.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until veg is soft enough to mash.
- Let it cool slightly then use an immersion blender to create a smooth and creamy puree.
- Garnish with a dusting of paprika and a sprig of parsley, or a sprinkle of chopped bacon.